The arial view of Area 51 now gets redirected to a club with the same name. Google [or someone] won’t allow direct links to Area 51. Search for ‘Rachel NV’ and click and drag the map south to see Area 51.
“Ten centuries ago the Mayans were so afraid that their calendar stopped on the exact date that my story begins. December 22, the year 2012. The date of the final alien invasion. Mulder can confirm the date. He saw it at Mount Weather… where our own ‘Secret Government’ will be hiding when it all comes down.”
– CSM, ‘The Truth Pt II’
“The best way to predict the future is to invent it.”
– The Well Manicured Man, ‘The Blessing Way’.
“The 98-mile road owes its mythic status to Area 51, the nearby military base where the government either 1. tests cutting-edge planes or 2. experiments on little green intergalactic pilots and their downed space craft, depending on who you believe. You can hear both sides argued at the Little A’Le’Inn, a UFO-themed restaurant and motel along the route in Rachel, Nev. The owner, Pat Travis-Laudenklos, has been selling Saucer Burgers and green alien-headed coffee mugs to X-Files fans and kitsch-loving road-trippers for 26 years. She claims to have seen a UFO herself and can direct you to the gates of Area 51 or point you towards the infamous “black mailbox” (actually white) that serves as a meeting spot for sky scanners.”-Chris Baty, Via AAA magazine
X-Files Introduction Tags:
Ep. Title Introduction Tag
1×23 The Erlenmeyer Flask TRUST NO ONE
2×06 Ascension DENY EVERYTHING
2×25 Anasazi ÉÍ ‘AANÍÍGÓÓ ‘ÁHOOT’É (The Truth is Out There)
3×10 731 APOLOGY IS POLICY
4×01 Herrenvolk EVERYTHING DIES
4×04 Teliko DECEIVE, INVEIGLE, OBFUSCATE
4×10 Terma E PUR SI MUOVE (And yet it does move!; [Galilei])
4×24 Gethsemane BELIEVE THE LIE
5×02 Redux ALL LIES LEAD TO THE TRUTH
5×14 The Red and the Black RESIST OR SERVE
5×20 The End THE END
6×03 Triangle DIE WAHRHEIT IST IRGENDWO DA DRAUSSEN
6×19 The Unnatural IN THE BIG INNING
7×02 The Sixth Extinction (2) AMOR FATI
7×11 Closure BELIEVE TO UNDERSTAND
9×02 Nothing Important … (2) NOTHING IMPORTANT HAPPENED TODAY
9×04 4-D THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE (mirrored)
9×06 Trust No 1 THEY’RE WATCHING
List of X-Files:
- DF101364– Investigating the disappearance of Colonel Robert Budahas. (TXF: “Deep Throat“)
- X-40253– Investigating the disappearance of Samantha Mulder. (TXF: “Conduit“)
- 11214893– Investigating the arson and murders committed by Cecil L’Ively. (TXF: “Fire“)
- X-167512– A file detailing visionary encounters with the dead. (TXF: “Beyond the Sea“)
- X 649176– Investigating reports of men who could change into a wolf. (TXF: “Shapes“)
- 45609-1×01– 1st ever X-file: initiated by J. Edgar Hoover. (TXF: “Shapes”)
- X-40271– Investigating the murder of Officer Charlie Morris. (TXF: “Born Again“)
- 73317– Investigating the disappearance of Dana Scully. (TXF: “3“)
- X256933VW– Investigating the Trinity Killers. (TXF: “3“)
- XWC060361 – Investigating the Church of the Red Museum in connection with teenage kidnappings. (TXF: “Red Museum“)
- 76415- Unknown case. Folder number that the japanese diplomat was carrying. (TXF: “Nisei”)
- X667386– Investigating the peculiar insect activity in Miller’s Grove, Massachusetts. (TXF: “War of the Coprophages“)
- 621517– Investigating the murder of Melissa Scully. (TXF: “Apocrypha“)
- X-152830– Investigating the disappearance of Cassandra Spender. (TXF: “The Red and the Black“)
- X-525652– Investigating the murders committed by Edward Skur. (TXF: “Travelers“)
- X-491679– Unknown case (TXF: “The End“)
111470– Unknown case (TXF: “The Beginning“)
X-60794 Unknown case (TXF: “Dreamland II“)
- X-71009– A file with details on FBI Agent Fox Mulder. (TXF: “Dreamland II“)
- X-751483– An illusory file, allegedly pertaining to the similarly imagined death of Special Agent Fox Mulder. (TXF: “Field Trip“)
X-120898– Investigating the disappearance of FBI Agent Raymond Crouch. (TXF: “Millennium“)
- X-97554– Investigating a peculiar spacecraft discovered in Africa. (TXF: “Provenance“)
- X280911– Investigating the murder of Special Agent Robert Comer. (TXF: “Providence“)
[Credit: X-Files Wikia]
(Code name: The Nevada Project)
Questions for C. S. M.:
Matt from X-Files Lexicon asks these questions:
– Where you happy with the finished result with “En Ami”?
– What was it like re-writing the script with John Shiban?
– In retrospect, would you have like to have done anything differently with the story?
– While working on your book, were you concerned about alienating any of your crew or cast colleagues?
– Were there any anecdotal stories you held back writing about?
– What’s usually the advice you like to give young or less experienced actors?
Michelle Rose from X-Files Universe asked the following questions:
– What are some unusual requests or comments you hear at conventions/book signings?
– What’s the most RIDICULOUS thing you’ve been asked?
– What do you treasure about the X-Files fandom?
– Do you have any “Morley Packs” at home in your X-Files memorabilia? [created INDIVIDUALLY by a graphic artist for a promotional event]
– Do you have any plans to attend an American convention in 2012, such as Comic Con? Or are you “conventioned out?”
– What are your hopes for X-Files 3? (Do you even have any?) Would you be interested in CSM “returning from the grave?”
– You’ve been offered so many science fiction roles. Do you enjoy the genre, or, are you simply happy to be working?
– Hi! My name is Roxane. I live in France.
First of all, I would like to thank you for coming to France last November. It was a pleasure to meet you. I have two questions:
1) In your mind, What does C.G.B. mean?
2) Did you ever get lost with the X-Files mythology? And was it hard to play?
Roxane B; aka ‘Goldfish’ from X-Files Memories
– Listener Maureen would love to know ‘What inspired you to write/direct En Ami?’
– Listener Karen asks “In addition to the significance of the title to the X-Files, What prompted you to name your book ‘Memoirs of a Cigarette-Smoking Man.'” (Original working title)
– Listener Karen would like to know: ‘what’s your fondest memory and favorite episode of The X-Files?’
– Listener Ben would like to know ‘how you felt about the character of CSM alienating Mulder – helping him one moment, then “dumping him” as if he was your ex the next.’
– Listener Dreavan would like to know: ‘How many cigarettes did you smoke by acting in X-Files?’
– Listener Jason would like to know: ‘What happens on December 22/2012? What conspiracy do you think
is most valid/ interesting in your opinion?’
“I loved the X-Files and had a chance to meet William B. Davis when I lived in Vancouver, very nice man.” – Trev Murphy [email]
“I have a pack of Marlboro Cigs signed by William. He came and spoke to a crowd locally years back. He’s a brilliant speaker. Very entertaining.” – ‘Yellow jacket’ [Posted in the Virtual Firefly Forum at Fireflyfans.net]
“I have ‘Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man’ and it is excellent!” – Listener Karen [posted on the X-Files Truth Facebook page]
“There is more to William B. Davis than merely portraying the Cigarette Smoking Man. Through his remarkable life story, you can clearly see his passion for the entertainment arts. Great read!” – Agent Summer
“When the Cigarette Smoking Man actually first spoke on The X-Files, we found out what a truly talented actor Bill Davis is. Now in this absorbing, fascinating book about his rich and exciting life, we discover he’s equally talented as a director, teacher, lover, skier, and much more” – R.W. Goodwin, executive producer, writer, director of The X-Files [from the back cover of Where There’s Smoke… Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man]
“Bill Davis’ remarkable career in the performing arts makes for a vivid memoir and a valuable cultural history. an entertaining and addictive read.” – Jerry Wasserman, actor, critic, and head of the Department of Theatre and Film at the University of British Columbia. [from the back cover of Where There’s Smoke… Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man]
“Bill Davis’ memoir is a lively personal story and a document in the history of theatre. He tells a revealing tale of how determination and chance lead him to be a stage director in England, a producer, director and teacher in Canada and to his own astonishment, a film actor who achieved celebrity for his television performances in The X-Files. His account of his life is thoughtful, amusing, even mildly scandalous. This is not how it should have been, but how it was.” – David Helwig, poet, novelist, and essayist [from the back cover of Where There’s Smoke… Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man]
“For anyone who is a student or lover of theatre, or anyone involved with the profession in whatever capacity, the book is a treasure trove of history – full of detail and insight. A fascinating historical perspective of a particular period in Canadian and British theatre. Thoroughly enjoyable.” – Tom Braidwood, actor (“Frohike”), producer, director (The X-Files, The Lone Gunmen, Da Vinci’s Inquest) [from the back cover of Where There’s Smoke… Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man]
“What a great actor Mr. Davis is. I’ve never seen anything else he was in, but I recently watched the entire run of the X-Files for the first time, and whether you loved him or hated him the best episodes (in my book) were the major plot-line episodes when he was on the show. As only a master at his/her craft can make you do, I often found my emotional hatred or love for his character swinging back and forth like a pendulum throughout the series! What a treat when he was the only “cameo” appearance in the final episode that wasn’t dead and a figment of Fox’s imagination!!!!!! In the end, if what he said in his final dialogue to Fox was true… what a truly sadistic bast**d Cancer Man was. I wonder if he weighs in on the fact that his book is coming out in 2012 and well, yanno… Here’s hoping for the 3rd X-Files film this year, when it’s still relevant. I’m going to definitely try to be there for the chat. I’m not usually the type that gets all excited about celebrity meet and greets, but WBD is awesome!” – 6ixStringJack [Posted in the Virtual Firefly Forum at Fireflyfans.net]
“I appreciate and love his work, especially in the X-Files and wish him the best of health for many years to come.” – Listener Devaleena [posted on the X-Files Truth Facebook page].
WBD Part 3 music – Truth in Passing [Steve Roach], Between Changing Gloom [Vidna Obmana],
X-Files Main Theme 800% Slower [Mark Snow], El Camino [Mark Snow], The Tachyon Directive (From Ixlandia) [John Serrie],
Witch Hunt [Rush]